Home Hydroponics – How much space do you need?

December 24, 2016 | By admin655 | Filed in: Uncategorized.

Many home hydroponic gardeners wrong, how much space you need for a successful harvest. It depends on what plants you want to grow, but the space should be as plants, reservoirs, high-intensity lights, ventilation fans, exhaust fans, electrical wiring and so on is quite large. To be sure the hydroponics system does not fit the sink and the smallest practical hydroponic garden will be as big as a wardrobe.

Grow tent about the size of a wardrobe. These light-tight enclosures for indoor hydroponic garden. Grow tent installation anywhere there is enough space in the attic, conservatory, garage. The function of a number of devices to enhance the plant & # 39; s growing environment.
made from 100% blackout fabric, these are usually a highly reflective liner's hole in the intake and exhaust fans, blackout airflow vents and fixtures and fittings for the electrical equipment and plant support.

A typical X 1.2m X 1.2m grow tent 2m high. This tent will grow the size of the light-tight vents, an intake and an exhaust fan could accommodate the four-pot hydroponic garden features a 600-watt light rising. Hydroponics gardens must be adequate free space both vertically and horizontally. If the plants are crowded they do not produce enough crops to the effort and expense worthwhile. The growing hydroponic garden tent or wardrobe does not support itself so much in terms of cost versus return. If you want a hydroponic garden pays off, you will need to at least double this size, of course, enhanced lighting and ventilation.

The return on investment is not the only reason for up-scaling the footprint indoor hydroponic garden.
Two other important reason is to provide adequate space for the plants adequate air circulation control humidity and temperature.

The most important source of nutrition, healthy plants are not a nutrient mixture, but the carbon dioxide in the air. In a typical plant, water makes up about 95% of its weight. The remaining 5% is made up in the form of dry matter of carbohydrate, the plant transformed by the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Therefore, it is important that there is always sufficient air exchange in the growing environment, so as not to starve to this fundamental source of plant nutrition. Ventilation and air circulation vital to control humidity and temperature.

Plants often grow best in environments 18-23degC between 40-75% humidity and temperature. If you can not control these two factors is likely to experience a problem with sickness, stunted growth, lower yields and pest infestation.

So, make sure you plant the area above the waterline in terms of ventilation, humidity and temperature control before taking over his wife & # 39; and walk-in wardrobe, if you dare.

Source by Jeb R

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *